I know it's "Yee-haw" but that's the way Andrew says it. Because this past week was Elijah's spring break Mike took Thursday and Friday off and we drove down to Houston to go to the Rodeo. I didn't realize it before but this Rodeo & Livestock Show is the largest in the world. Now, when I say we went to the Rodeo I mean we went and walked around - looking at the animals, eating, and riding a couple rides. We didn't actually pay for any of the events. Already the rodeo is mucho dinero - here's how much:Parking - $12
Entrance - $7/adult $4/child = $22 for us
Lunch - $36! (We got three turkey legs, a corn dog, and 4 sodas)
Hats for the boys(paid for by G'pa Dave) - $20/hat = $40
Fair rides - $10 (Boys rode on little kiddie ride and Eli & Dad rode a ride together)
Total = $120 but who's counting?....well, we are.
But we figured it was like a mini-vacation and that that was a pretty good price for that. And the day was pretty fun though it felt like a million degrees out - we all got some sun and a little dehydrated. We couldn't afford to buy any more drinks! And as we were driving through traffic both ways - I sat, 8 months pregnant, and wondered what the heck I was thinking. Anyhow, here's some photos of our day:
My mom made some super sweet vests for the boys and they loved them. They will be cherished for a long long time.
Here's a turkey leg if you've never seen one. They are smoked and pretty darn tasty - though we discovered just one would have been enough for three of us. I always feel like some medieval king when I eat these.
Here's the boys on their one ride together. I got a million pictures like this showing their glee - which make me think it was worth every penny.
Here's Elijah looking really old to me. This is just after he finished his ride with his dad.
Here's my favorite exhibit every year. They have chicken eggs hatching right in front of your eyes. You get to watch the little chicks poke through and eventually start walking, then hopping around. It's super sweet and cute. I think I'll put more photos of all of this stuff on my other blog in the next couple days...
Here's a cute photo of a piglet who had just finished eating and was falling asleep while standing up. This is pretty much how we felt by the end of the day.
Here's the boys in their full get-up. What cute cowboys!
And here's me standing in front of a cow who was going to deliver her calf any minute. That look is supposed to say, "I know how exactly how she's feels".So wee-haw!
p.s. There are some more pictures on my backyard farming blog - especially of cute animals and such. So, if you are so inclined you can go check it out!


6 comments:
you are so cute megan - seriously - you look GREAT.
also this: i really want one of those turkey legs right now.
at first i was thinking, oh my the rodeo!? but then as i scrolled down to see the pics- every single one was great! those personalized vests are incredible! i've never eaten a turkey leg before! also the eggs hatching right there? come on, that's sooo cool! you guys look so great- Meg you really look lovely.
oooooooh, i miss the rodeo! i haven't been in AGES. and i agree with kathy-- you look great. Love that shirt, and love your hair in braids! did you get to see the cow give birth??
Really entertaining pics. The kids will remember that forever! Even with my crappy memory, I can remember when I went to rodeo and got angry over the treatment of the animals. What fond memories! Cute vests and super fun hats, too!
Soo fun! I will never forget seeing the cows that were taller than Jamin - and getting to make my own ropes. The rodeo was always entertaining;) Of course, we always got free tickets (Dad's work) - so, I'm sure that's why we got to go so often...
Love the pics - and your huuuugge boobs!
Texas has the biggest everything. Growing up in Dallas we have the Texas State Fair which is the largest fair in the world. So go Texas for being the biggest and bestest. You look great by the way. I also took the advice you gave me about 2 years ago and I have started running. Thanks.
P.S. I am so jealous I love turkey legs. How about a funnel cake, did you have a funnel cake?
Post a Comment