Friday, March 7, 2008

Let it snow...in Texas?

When my cell phone started ringing at 7 this morning I was bummed because I knew I had a few more minutes of sleep that were now destroyed. I could hear it was from Mike so I dragged myself out of bed but still missed the call. When I got to my phone I saw that he had texted me too so I opened up the text and read, "It's snowing!" I immediately threw open the front door - saw the snow and ran to wake the boys. They were up in a flash and we all went outside. It was actually a pretty good snow for a little while there ...
Here's Elijah in his pj's freezing but in awe of the snow. He was sure he'd gotten a "snow day" from school but I had to explain that it had to be a bit worse than that to cancel school. ;)
Here in his warmer clothes but still looking tired with his sleepy eyes.Andrew was all smiles!Though he really wasn't sure about the whole thing...

4 comments:

Chris and Jamie said...

It used to snow once or twice a year in dallas when I was growing up. It just never stuck. How about waking up, looking outside and seeing 2 inches of ice on everything. That happened all of the time during the winters in Dallas.

Alyson M. said...

Cool weather for you! And we just had tornadoes at 7am. Didn't we just leave Kansas?

Chelseapratt said...

It's dreamy now, but wait until you have to drive 500 kids to school in it and your car is even messier...it gets wet, mildewy and muddy. It's definitely dreamy when you are in your warm house looking outside, knowing you have no where to go and fresh rolls in the oven and a super yummy soup and great music playing and tons of money in the bank and plans for an amazing trip a week away....then, it's dreamy.

Kricket said...

Meg,
Your boys are sooo handsome.
kricket