Friday, April 11, 2008

Good day sunshine and the snake's den

Today is one of those days where you walk outside and it's like a breathe of the freshest, coolest, most perfect air possible. All of the windows are open and the thermostat is at 72 degrees and holding. I am in serious nesting mode and have been crafting all morning including getting to those bandanna shorts/pants. Andrew is a little small for them but he assured me that he likes them, "kinda goofy."
Here's both boys in their shorts. I'm really digging them actually.I told them if they sat really quick so I could see their shorts they could play with their water guns. They're ready to go.
As you can see here...
Also, on an earlier post I had pictures of Elijah with some snakes he had found - he lost one but I let him keep the other. We found a terrarium at the thrift store($1) and put some soil, rocks, and a little log in it. The snake seemed happy enough and immediately buried himself because he is noctural. I'm not sure if I should be calling it a "he" but anyhow...we researched it and found that it is a "rough earth snake" and likes to eat earth worms and snails. "He" is about 8-10 inches long which means it's an adult. I wonder if we'll be seeing some baby snakes any time soon...Everyday Elijah has been gathering snails for the snake to eat and we've found that watching the snails is more fun than the snake! That red stuff is watermelon and snails love to eat it. They are all munching on it as I type, in fact. Aren't they cute?

Phew! That's a long post. I am totally blogging a lot lately. It makes up for those weeks where I don't even try to post something...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow. you are so brave-- i will secretly make lucy eat any snakes noah tries to bring in the house. dogs eat snakes, right? or is that a mongoose... anyway... cute shorts too! and, i too lazy to click a few times to get to the right post, but those booties you made were AMAZING. i could never just draw up a pattern...

Stephanie said...

and apparently i'm too lazy to use proper grammar as well.

Erika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Ooh, I love those shorts. I think I will have to make Warren some. We go through at least 2 pairs a day now (potty training). ;)