Ok, so for a few weeks after Christmas I was inspired to cook and make meals for my family. I would find myself in the kitchen reflecting on the beauty of motherhood and homemaking. I'd think about how happy I am when I'm making a good meal for my family. Well, today I went to the store and got:
corndogs(veggie, at least)
mac'n'cheese
tony's frozen pizza
jose's frozen burritos
minute rice spanish rice flavor
And that is the end of my glorying over motherhood - I just am not feeling it this week. Maybe it's because 99% of my amazing meals were boycotted by my lovely children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
I love the morning star corndogs! They are great with honey mustard:)
I bet you're not giving yourself enough credit in the dinner department. What do you normally make?
& the fact that your pregnant! i think i m allergic to the kitchen when i'm pregnant. i actually lived off of food court corndogs when i was working & pregnant with flynn. i think it was the mustard..
love this. and you are tagged so you need to check my blog.
I try to make one good meal a week and it is usually sunday dinner. Kids don't eat that much and it always seemed that they prefer the can of chicken noodle soup and some oyster crackers over anything I would make. We have quesadillas all of the time, crowd favorite. CAn of refried beans, cheddar cheese and soft taco sized tortillas. You just spread, shread and brown each side of the quesadilla, serve with lots of sour cream. They eat everything on their plates.
ok - i really want a frozen pizza right now. . . badly. i have never even had a corndog! but they look YUM-O. and please - i'm sure you cook great. it's like my mom has told me - you'll probably never get EVERYONE in the family loving all your meals - there will always be someone who doesn't like something at the meal!
I always feel so ashamed when I get stuff like that in the grocery line...like I want to impress the checker or something. More often than not, I am ashamed in the check-out line.
That is soooo funny Chelsea - I didn't know anyone did that but me. I think sometimes he'll think I'm mega healthy and then sometimes I wonder if they feel sorry for me when I'm buying ice cream and cheese and chips or something. I feel like I have to explain who is going to eat what. Probably because I'm always judging other people by what they put on the belt in front of me. Like tons of sick meats and a 12 pack of beer and cheese puffs. But then sometimes it's some little thin woman getting a bunch of fresh produce and that's always the day I'm getting loads of junk food. Like yesterday...
Kathy - you go march yourself to the store RIGHT now and get some morningstar farms corndogs - and bake them in the oven - not the microwave - and eat some. What if you died tomorrow and NEVER had a corndog? Good gracious!
i know - i do need to try them - i'm sure i would love them b/c i LOVE hot dogs. Mmm.
also this: i do the same thing in the grocery check-out lines. i feel so happy when i have some fresh produce on the belt. . . but it's usually followed up by some frozen pizzas, chocolate chips, cookies, and anything else yummy (aka - unhealthy) that has caught my eye.
Meg,
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love you posts. It is fun to hear your personality over the computer. I miss you. Did someone say you are pregnant? How far along? I am definitely the same way at the grocery store. I wonder if the checker even has any idea what people buy.
Kricket
Kricket - yes I am pregnant - 26 weeks along and already feeling ready to be done. That is a BAAAD sign since I've got many many more weeks until this is over. I am glad to be pregnant but boy...oh well. Thanks for the post - I am so glad to have found your site. Even when I'm not commenting it's fun to be able to catch up just be reading your posts.
Post a Comment