Friday, October 31, 2008

Fat Lip

Photobucket
Andrew put his arms in his vest today at Walmart and then tripped and couldn't stop himself from hitting the back of the cart. He cried a lot but when I looked he only had a small small cut on his lip so I gave him a hard time about all the crying. He sat in the cart and kept crying for the next ten minutes all the while with me and Elijah telling him it wasn't that big of a deal. I think I even said, "Andrew! Do you need to go to the hospital?!" To which he sadly replied, "No." So I answered, "Then quit CRYING!" Finally I stopped the cart and decided to take another look. I lifted his lip to see a big black bloody bruise on the inside and within a few minutes he had this fat lip. Poor Andrew with a mean mommy.
Maybe instead of Superman he should be a boxer for Halloween.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

HA! i'm laughing b/c i have had so many of those "mean mommy" moments - thinking there is no way they are hurt THAT badly. . . until the bruise/cut shows up!

Chelseapratt said...

That is so sad. And so familiar at the same time.:(

k.m. said...

I think every mom has done that. Poor little guy!
Off point- he is totally an Arntsen! What a cutie.

Carlie said...

I wish I could kiss him and make it better (or maybe he'd get infected!). Seriously, though, with his trimmed bangs and long sides he looks like the daughter you've been longing for. Take him to the barber!

megan said...

The bangs thing isn't my fault but I think I can't pretend anymore - he does need a haircut with them being so short. Alright, Ma - I'll do it. Though I won't be happy about it!

Love you too.

Tyan said...

That first picture is freakin' awesome. Poor little Andrew, his Tyam misses him!!