Tuesday, October 28, 2008

FHE

Last night for family home evening we did what I expect many of you did - carved pumpkins. First off, it's always a lot harder to carve then you remember. I always have dreams of amazing pumpkins but by the end I'm just happy to have anything. Here are a few pics from the whole affair:
This year I let Elijah design his own pumpkin. I'm always in a toss up - will he be happier if we help and make it look better of if it's all his own? I thought his turned out pretty cute by the end so I guess it's time to let him loose.
That's my man - he did a lot of the cutting since he's so amazingly strong.This year was Andrew's year to opt out of taking the "guts" out of the pumpkin. He reached in and pulled out a few and was like, "I don't think I'll do this part." Elijah did the same thing a couple years back. Then you realize that's half the fun. At least for like two minutes and then it's just a big bother.Here's me - sans makeup or a hairdo. Looking HOT!
And here's the final results. I'm convinced that the best way to go is the classic way - Andrew's classic pumpkin on the bottom looks the best.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

i agree on the classic look. we always do 2 pumpkins every year - and the more classic of the 2 always looks better.
very cute pumpkins :)

Carlie said...

Love the pictures...especially of your darling middle daughter...what is her name? I wish I could wrap my arms around all of you right now. You're THE BEST. Mom

RightHahn said...

What's wrong with momma Carlie - doesn't she know that Andrew's a boy:) ? If she wants him to have a hair-cut she should come visit you and take him, right? And maybe make you dinner for a few nights while she's at it...

ha ha

I like all the pumpkins. I always end up favoring the crazy ones better though...