Monday, August 6, 2007

photoshop: pageant style...


Ok, I found out about this site through a blog and then another - but it is truly disturbing the way people want their children to look. This one is a VERY tame one but I thought it was telling the way her true feelings were photoshopped away to the way they worked best for mom. Her sad and slightly scared expression was changed so that this photo would be better for pageant applications. SICK! Here are some more:
































Why do people even want their children to look like this? It makes it so much easier to see how false it is though I look at photos of women that have been just as retouched - if not more so - and hold them as an unattainable standard for myself.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It really is sick! I can understand touching up the goober in your kids nose or the huge scab your kid is bound to get right before their pictures. But, these kids don't look like themselves, they barely look human.

Muggle Mom said...

sickos! good thing you have boys. we don't have to worry about you using your photoshop powers to do evil. ;)

brooklyn said...

next step--to the taxedermy doctor, in case she tries move and perhaps act like she's a real girl.

Carolyn Benik said...

Yikes, and I feel weird enough when Alyssa is dressed up in silly outfits to take her picture, but I would NEVER touch them up like that. Sad if you don't think your child is beautiful WITHOUT all of that! I think my baby girl is perfect the way she is!

Melissa said...

How about the little black girl who has magically lighter skin after being retouched? Niiiiice.

Kathy said...

that is really disgusting. i feel so sad for those little girls. sick.