Thursday, August 2, 2007

Have you been Bourne again?

Ok ok, so there are a lot of articles out there using that same cliche to talk about the last of the Jason Bourne spy movies - but I just couldn't help myself. I get weak in the knees watching Jason Bourne perform - I love that guy. Now I know some of you have turned a blind eye to these movies for a variety of reasons - one being that Ben Affleck and his silly lifestyle have turned you off from his close friend Matt Damon. Another reason may be that you are a girl and you don't like action movies. Well, if it is for the first reason - give the guy a break...he didn't even get close to dating JLo - and he is much much less cheesy looking than Ben. Now, if it is the latter reason - ladies, if there ever were macho movies to watch - THESE ARE THE ONES! Listen to what Richard Corliss, film critic of Time magazine had to say:

"That's the secret of this character,... They are a projection of American power — or a memory of it, and the poignant wish it could somehow return. In real life, as a nation these days, we can achieve next to nothing. But in the Bourne movies just one of us, grim, muscular and photogenic, can take on all villains, all at once, and leave them outwitted, dead, disgraced. That's a macho fantasy of the highest, purest, most lunatic order."

Now that is some great movie critiquing! Anyhow, the movie opens tomorrow nationwide but I definitely wouldn't start with that one if you have yet to see any or if it's been a long time. Go and rent the other two - Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy and then move on to Ultimatum. As for me and my house - we are prepared.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BADLY I WANT TO SEE THIS. I will leave my kids home alone if I have to. or just go by myself i guess, and nick can watch the kids.

megan said...

Oh good! I am glad someone else loves it like me.

Anonymous said...

mark and i love these movies- love matt damon. we'll be seeing this one for sure! too bad i didn't realize there was a 3rd one until i read this though- the only movie i know of in the theaters right now is Sicko...which I'm also excited to see.

Patria