Well, I need to find something to put my new computer on and I know I want something old but I just can't decide on the style I am going for...Do I want to be a mid-century gal with clean lines and sleek designs? Or do I want the look of victorian/art deco design with it's curves and prettiness and interesting lines and historic feel? I just don't know! I think about it and say - "it's this" and feel pretty sure but then moments later I waver and just dont' know. I go back and forth. Here are a few examples - nothing too great - just some things I could find. For the most part I know which I would choose but it's not all in one category. Sometimes the comparison isn't fair because one piece is old and junky or the photo is inferior but you get the picture...But looking at them now I just am totally attracted to ALL of the mid-century stuff. It just seems right for our age and stage in life. But then there is a lot of merit to the other stuff. It's more magical to me. It seems less uptight. It seems like it could tell beautiful stories. The mid stuff doesn't tell beautiful stories - just cool ones. Though I love when these two styles met in the 30's and 40's - in all that Hollywood glam. So, as for me and my rented tiny house...I just don't know. In the end it will depend on what I find and what I can afford - let us just hope I don't get tired of looking and go get something at Target.
I can see how you could back on forth between those options...
I like the Mid Century chair and end table - and the Victorian long and tall cabinets. Actually...I think that end table is almost a perfect match to one that is in our bedroom (It's the homeowners). That's funny...
Good luck - with deciding - and unpacking and getting situated...
The secret to being miserable is having the leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not.
-George Bernard Shaw
1.)"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
2.)"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."
3 comments:
I can see how you could back on forth between those options...
I like the Mid Century chair and end table - and the Victorian long and tall cabinets. Actually...I think that end table is almost a perfect match to one that is in our bedroom (It's the homeowners). That's funny...
Good luck - with deciding - and unpacking and getting situated...
if i was a rich girl. . . na na na na na na na.
VICTORIAN!
Post a Comment