If you have yet to watch the Civil War documentary by Ken Burns - shame on you because it happens to be one of the most important contemporary pieces of media there is. I am sure
your library has it and instead of flipping through the channels and moaning about the lack of anything good on T.V. - turn it on. If you don't get to it soon then you'll need to wait until after you watch his new one - THE WAR - a 14 hour documentary about WW2. Now, the amazingly cool thing about this documentary is not only that is was made by Ken Burns but that there are no experts -in order to be in this film you had to be a part of WW2. Go to the site - see exactly when it airs on your town - starting in September. I honestly believe it will change your life significantly and watching it is almost a duty you have as a freedom enjoying American. I will personally guarantee that if you take the time to watch even the first episode you will be grateful you did and will then feel the desire to write about it on your own blog. After watching the Civil War film, Michael and I were different. Our hearts had been expanded and we saw more clearly the abundance of the Lord in our lives and in the lives of all of his children. I really hope you'll give it a try!"One reason we're excited about 'The War' is simply because of how good it is. In my opinion, it's not only the best thing Ken Burns has done since 'The Civil War,' it's the best thing he's done ever." - David Bianculli, NPR "Fresh Air" and the DAILY NEWS


No comments:
Post a Comment