Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Martha's Spicy Pumpkin Seeds

I've had a lot of pumpkin seeds over the years - I'm always trying to get them to taste good enough to get my kids to eat them. I just hate throwing them out! I've done sweet and salty but it wasn't until these spicy ones from Martha Stewart's Great Fast Food that everyone signed on board. AND they are super easy...


1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt(i used regular)
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (this is the real kicker - don't omit!)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss to coat. Spread on a rimmed backing sheet; bake until puffed and browned, about 10 minutes. (I actually had to bake for like 25 minutes - testing in between. The key is to get them nice and toasted so they are crunchy - not chewy.)

And enjoy!

3 comments:

m. said...

awesome! i was going to roast ours but they had a better use keeping sobe happy as she stirred them aound in the bowl & then dumped them on the floor. cute pumpkins!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you posted the recipe. I always try, but never succeed. I will give this one a try this year.

Kathy said...

oooh - sounds a bit too spicy for me - but matt would love them. i think i'll give it a try :)