Thursday, October 30, 2008

Jumping on the band wagon...

Kristi emailed out some pics from high school and a few of you have been posting them so I thought I'd post the ones she sent me...as always, they make me look way cool.
That's Chris on top, Kristi in the middle and me on the bottom. My kids said, "Who's that!? " And I said, "Who do you think it is?" Andrew said, "Grandma!" and Elijah said, "I think it's Weston." Yup, I agree.I thought that hat was sweet. I bought it at Craft's Etc. and thought it made me look french or something. It's one of those hats you're supposed to put silk flowers on and hang on the wall. I.am.a.fashion.goddess.
This is in the parking lot on my first trip to a club. I'm the man in the middle. I wanted a boyfriend soooo desperately and for some reason couldn't get one. Why didn't someone take me under their wing and help me be a girl like they do in movies?And here's me dancing inside the club. HOT! HOT! HOT! I'm one in a million, eh? At least I was here - I'm the only one really dancing.This is church at Chris's farewell - check out all the leg. And Lins - those are some amazing huge white shoes. And...two cardigans. Awesome.
But this is my favorite. Did I even have a hairstyle? It looks like "teenaged boy in the morning" - oh well. And if you click on it to see it bigger you can see evidence that Marisa is totally plastered. No, not really. Also, notice my sweet shoes. I bought those at Walmart in the men's section. They were vinyl shower shoes. Once this popular girl at school(Kelly Forrester) looked at them and was like, "My grandpa has shoes like that." And yet, I thought, "Poor girl, she is soo not up on fashion like me." Really, I thought that. I'm not kidding.

And yet, somehow through it all I kept thinking I was cool. I had a self esteem of steel.

9 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm sorry, but I totally laughed my head off looking at these pictures.

Kevin Pratt said...

That last one actually looks like me...maybe I won't cut my hair short again:) BTW those shoes are really bad. In fact, all of the clothes are really bad, too. Glad you've come around, meg. I am also glad I wasn't around to see it all because then I would have more mean behavior to repent of.

k.m. said...

I can't stop crying! You crack me up because I never saw you the way you've depicted yourself. You were always cool to me BECAUSE you didn't care. And I was secretly jealous of your cute little pixie. Funny how you see yourself in hindsight.

RightHahn said...

I agree with Kristi - I loved that you didn't want people to like you because of the clothes that you wore. You just wore what you liked (like the hat!) Awesome!! I wanted to be more like that - but I'm afraid I ended up being stuck in the middle of caring and not caring.

Side note - I still have that MTC shirt and the green bag. No white shoes or baggy cardigans though...I know....bummer, right?! My phase of wearing baggy clothes and tons of layers because of worrying that people would notice how big my boobs were has now passed;) Good times, good times...

Kathy said...

ok. tell me again why i was obsessed with bobby for 2 years????
and i think you pull short hair off really well.

Carlie said...

Oh Megan, I love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

You had the guts to do the short hair before everyong else did, I think that deserves to be mentioned. Plus androgeny was so hot in 1996.

PS. I think you should try to bring the wicker hat back.

Anonymous said...

Also what did Kelly Forrester wear then? Tight rolled jeans and body suits? Old man clothes were cool in the 90's.

Tyan said...

This is so awesome. I remember all of the tall-yet-scrunched-down socks I wore with my hair parted straight down the middle, so sweet.