Oops, I did it again!
Irish twins
I am insane
&
Are you crapping me?
That last one is what my friend Jamie said when I told her what I'm about to tell all of you.
I.am.pregnant.
No, I'm not crapping you either. I am expecting again. I am sure you have many questions - as do I - so I won't take any more of your time and will go to...
FAQ's
1.)Wait, didn't you just have a baby?
Yes, I did. And then got pregnant somewhere between 10 and 12 weeks later.
2.)Did you plan to get pregnant so soon?
No, I didn't plan this! And in fact, if you want to email me or give me a call I can fill you in on some more specific details to tell you how one gets pregnant when you are actually trying not to.
3.) What does Irish twins mean?
Well, that's the "cute" nickname for siblings born in the same year. Something to do with how most Irish are catholic and catholics don't typically use birth control. Peter will be 11 months old when this next baby is born.
4.) What did you do when you found out?
A mixture of hysterical laughter and tears. And since then it's mostly me walking around shaking my head in disbelief and then dry heaving.
5.) What now?
I don't know - I was hoping you could tell me. I'm sick and just taking it one day at a time. I love my children and I know eventually it will all work out, but it's just that for now I wanted a little break from the whole thing. See, I was pregnant, lost the baby at 5 months, got pregnant again three months later, had Peter and then was pregnant three months later again. This whole shenanigan started in January of 2007 and won't be done until April of 2009.
One thing that did make me feel better though is that today I talked with Tyan and she told me her mom's 3rd and 4th child are just like that too and I was glad to realize that her mom is still alive. So, I can make it!Anyhow, I'm sure you'll hear a lot more about this as the months roll on...
p.s. Thanks to JaLynne, Tyan's mom, for giving me a call to commiserate. I really needed it today!


22 comments:
Megan,
I laughed and cried a little bit too when I read your blog. I have really felt like saying to the Lord sometimes, "hey, this plan isn't really what I wanted, can I switch?" But it always ends up being what I wanted anyway. Welcome to the club of 4 kids! It's crazy but fun.
Meg, I don't know what to say. But if anyone can do it, you can. And I'm sure you'll do it with a load of humor to get you through the tough moments- but you know first hand how fun it is to have a family full of siblings! Your two will be even closer than my two- they really will have an incredible bond. You guys have such cute kids- more Knorpp's please! Look at your siblings with all their kids- dang cute. Arntsen family reunions = a very fun time.
congratulations! that must be scary, but there's a plan in there somewhere. too bad the big guy upstairs doesn't always fill us in. i hope you feel better quickly!
that is so exciting!
Congratulations!!!! I imagine you're feeling a huge range of emotions, but I won't list any off so as not to put words in your mouth :-) If it was me, I would be completely overwhelmed. But I would have faith that it would all work out in the end. Even if I went crazy for a few years in the meantime. I hope you've gotten or will get the peace and comfort you need. But not to sound all gloomy -- yay!!! Babies!
that is really exciting! most of my friends are into the irish twins fad but by choice. congrats! maybe a little early but are we thinking a girl cherub this time around?
Wow! Congrats! Maybe it will help you feel a little better to know that my husband is one of 6 siblings that are spaced apart like this:
son 1976, 10 months later,
son 1977, 14 months later,
daughter 1978, 19 months later,
daughter 1979, 3 years later,
daughter 1982, 2 years later,
daughter 1984.
They had a lot of fun growing up. I still ask my MIL how she survived and she just laughs. I hope you feel better soon.
What???? Congratulations! Jess
Congratulations, Knorpp family. I'd love to meet baby #3 before #4 arrives. Give me a call if you're in Boise. Maybe I'll make it down your way one of these days. . .
i'm still laughing.
Ahh, I love ya Megan sorry I am so brash sometimes. That's just me. Please call me to help even if it is just to get out. I would gladly take the boys anytime. I really am excited for you.
I have been meaning to call, let me know when you are up to it and I would love to get together. Greg's older bro and sis are born January and Dec of the same year, and then she had 4 more kids. You will be awesome!
whoa. 11 months difference, eh? well - congrats! it is a good thing - just kind of hard to swallow, eh? are you feeling pretty sick? everyday? all day?
I am a survivor of your same fate. It's hard at first but then it is really quite wonderful... once they grow up a bit. Hang in there! Given time your mind and body will both recover. Congratulations!!
wow megan, been reading your blog for a long time now and it seems like if anyone can do it, you can. and i mean it.
Congratulations! You will survive and thrive as you do with everything. You are one of the most incredible moms I know.
Sweet Megan,
You are doing great! I think my eyes were swollen shut by this time! See, you are already doing better than I did! Just remember " Life is Plan B... or C or D" or somewhere down the line. But it's OK! Actually its the BEST!
Love you, JaLynne
P.S. I need your address so I can send you some drugs! Not really, drugs I mean.
Wow - thanks everyone for the support! Yesterday I wanted to fall off the face of the earth - I was definitely wanting to change plans, as Jamie mentioned. Glad to know I'm not the only one to think that sometimes.
My blog must make me seem better than I am because you guys are a lot more sure that I can handle it than I am! But for real, thanks for being so nice. I hope that this next couple months is better than yesterday...I'm sure you'll hear all about it nevertheless.
Wow, the things I miss when I don't check blogs for a couple days! Congratulations! I'm sure it is scary, but eventually you'll be able to look back and marvel at making it through it all! :-)
by the way, i totally want that shirt.
Wow!! That is pretty amazing. I definitely think this whole experience will be something that you'll look back on and understand/unearth the purpose behind it.
Jamin and Kimra recently discovered the same news as you - Jamin summed it up well..."when we picked ourselves up off the floor, we were pretty excited" :) Their babies will be 14 months apart - so a little bit bigger spread than yours.
I think you should totally blog about the whole "how you get pregnant when you're trying not too" - that could be very helpful and informative:) Also, did the poll turn out like you thought it would?
Congratulations, Maggie!! You really are going to be a great mom of 4:)
I have to add in my two cents! HOLY COW! Congratulations and you will be great! As we said before, the plans we have in life and our timelines really are crap! What would life be without the intersting monkey wrenches! This will prove to be a great blessing--and if anyone can handle it--yes, its you!
Post a Comment