Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurrican Ike

Well, if you didn't know it, we just moved from Texas and still have a lot of family in Houston. I talked to my brother at about midnight Texas time last night and he said it was really loud outside but nothing too bad yet. I was also able to get a hold of my parents in west Houston this morning and though the power is out and they had some water leaking through the roof - they are fine. I have yet to get a hold of all of siblings and their families in Kingwood though I'm sure they're fine. It is a little stressful though when you just can't get through. Here's an advisory from this morning - notice the position of the storm:

7 comments:

Katie said...

I was chatting with a friend in Houston around midnight Houston time when suddenly she went offline. Either I annoyed her, or that was when her power went out. Hopefully the latter, and hopefully it will be back on soon!

Dan and Dee said...

They are all in our prayers, it looks like it is more of a hassle at this point with power outages and downed trees.
I think the people are safe, just muggy and messy!

Stephanie said...

wow... yeah, my mom said that last night there was INTENSE lightning and thunder and rain. she said today they had no church but were out on service and cleanup missions.

k.m. said...

Hope your family is okay. Worrying about family is so stressful. (If you're like me.) I truly hope that everyone is doing well. :)

b. said...

my parents house was wrecked by a 5ft diameter oak tree! luckily they evacuated because my old room & another upstairs room came crashing downstairs...

b. said...

-meghan

Stephanie said...

wait meghan--- I thought your parents moved out of Kingwood?

also - this could be rumor, but my mom told me that Jen & Ryan Seager had a tree hit their house too.