Saturday, December 8, 2007

A Speech with Lessons for Us All

I have read so much about Mitt Romney running for president. It is of obvious interest to me because I am a Mormon. This post is not meant to endorse Mitt Romney - I don't feel comfortable getting political. It is more because I take deep offense that someone would be disqualified in so many Americans minds not because of his abilities to lead but because of his faith - a faith that I share. It is a hard to thing to hear - it is nothing more than prejudice. I know that it means that those people would dismiss me just as they do him. What a strange feeling. Mitt Romney may not ever be our president but he gave a speech that each of us needs to listen to - to be reminded of the true strength of this nation. I too must remember we must put down our differences and not become a people divided but a people fighting together for the great cause of liberty!

2 comments:

brooklyn said...

good speech. thanks for posting it. i had read it, but it was nice to watch the delivery. i liked everything he had to say, but none of it really WOWed me except the story at the end. i have to admit that gave me chills.

it's strange for me to be wanting to vote for a republican--the platform so doesn't match my political view, but i TRUST romney, probably just because he's mormon. he said in his speech not to vote or not vote for him because of his religion, but i can't help but want to!

Kathy said...

glad you posted that - i didn't get to see it up here, obviously. interesting - and he did extremely well addressing that issue.