Is everyone as terrified by the tiger attack at the San Francisco Zoo as I am? I have had several nightmares about it and read all of the new info on it as it comes available. It probably has a lot to do with being pregnant. I get pretty anxious when I'm pregnant. But here's the story as I've most recently read it:Three boys are at the zoo - two brothers with their friend. They are at the tiger exhibit and apparently they were probably taunting it. (Not that out of the ordinary for teenage boys.) Well the tiger had had enough and jumped up and over it's 12.5 foot enclosure - which is four feet lower than the minimum standard. One of the brothers was immediately attacked while the friend and other brother tried to distract the tiger by yelling and things to get it to stop. The tiger did stop and turned on the friend. Meanwhile the brothers realized their friend was dead and ran 300 yards to a little cafe. Well the tiger wasn't done with them yet and followed the trail of blood to the cafe and continued to maul them. When the police got there the tiger sat on the ground next to one of the brothers and when that boy yelled for help from the police - the tiger went at it again. That is when the police shot the tiger dead.
Wow, it is truly one of my WORST nightmares come true. We were at the zoo a few weeks ago and looking at the lion exhibit - they were literally only feet away because at the Houston Zoo they are enclosed by plastic(?) walls. The she-lion roared and it was sooooo incredibly loud that you felt it to your core. It's honestly traumatizing to me what happened to those boys.


2 comments:
i was JUST going to blog about this. . .i TOTALLY agree this was a freaking/scary thing. i was shocked when i saw on the news what happened. i have been scared about lions/tigers escaping their cages. actually, i'm more terrified of a big silverback gorilla escaping. that is something that freaks me out. anyway - i was freaked out by it too, but natalie helped me laugh through my fear. i'll blog it :)
megan! I've stalked your blog, and can I say super cute fam! But I think you were there at the Houston zoo when those guys were taunting the lynx's(?) And they were hissing and growling at them. Sometimes I wonder if they feed them enough. The cougars at Hogle zoo always stalk Bauer. I think it's the hair. Any way I couldn't resist saying hi and congrats on the babe. Stalk me back sometime!
Kristi (Howes) Morgan
Post a Comment