
I am so glad that my friend
Marisa gave me the courage to get some chickens. I couldn't be happier with them - well, maybe when they start laying eggs I will be. Truly, chickens are just as good as it gets when it comes to a backyard pet. They don't need much - they don't smell or make noise. Both of which I was worried about. They are fun to watch and easy to care for. My kids love them - so do I - actually so does Mike which is nice- he doesn't really like Jenny all that much. Their feed is really cheap and easy to give to them. Our fence is only about 4 feet tall and they can't get over it. They love to just run around the yard catching bugs and eating grass. I am a lifelong chicken owner now I believe. I highly recommend it to anyone with even the smallest yard. We are renters so don't let that stop you if you are too! They each cost $1.25 to buy and their feed which will last for months was $15.00. You can find an old dog house or improvise with anything. They really aren't picky. They are pretty cold hardy too. Why not get one? I just found a good article about keeping chickens as pets -
check it out!
4 comments:
hmmm - i would LOVE to get my own eggs - but chickens sick me out a bit. i don't know. but i'm so happy you love them! interesting to know they aren't much hassle - i would have thought having chickens would be chaotic.
those are great pictures!
what an interesting world to introduce me too. i never would have thought...yet, now i am endeared to chickens.
You make this all seem so appealing but I'm terrified of birds, so I'm not sure raising them would be a good idea. Jess
Post a Comment