Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008


These past few years have been full of a lot of change and this year is no exception. In May, Mike and I welcomed our third son, Peter, into the family and two weeks later made the decision to join the family business and move from College Station, Texas to Springville, Utah. We got to Utah about four weeks later and haven't looked back! It was a crazy few months and I think we're all glad to be settled again.

Right as life was returning to normal in early September we found out that I was pregnant again! It was completely unexpected and no where close to what we planned but we're happy to be welcoming our next son into the world just before Peter's first birthday.

Meanwhile, I finally got up the courage to do what I've always wanted to - homeschool my kids and started that this fall as well. Elijah is in the second grade and we have really enjoyed the freedom as well as the time together it affords. Along with homeschooling Elijah has started violin lessons and seems to have a natural affinity for it. He is still young enough to enjoy it and practice and we hope it lasts! All in all, Elijah is a huge help to us here at home. He is a wonderful older brother and shows a lot of gentleness and love to his younger brothers - which is really cool since older brothers aren't always known for that!
Andrew is three and as cute as ever. His curls and funny personality make him Mr. Popularity at church as well as the grocery store. Though they complement each other well, Andrew's personality is very different than Elijah's. While Elijah is our scientist - Andrew is our imaginative everything. He is constantly in a world of pretend as he walks around the house reenacting battles with bad guys. If you've ever read the Calvin and Hobbes comic strip we think Andrew is a lot like him - with a little more innocence mixed in.

Peter is everything you could ask for in a baby. Pleasant as could be but full of personality. He loves watching his older brothers tear through the house and will show it will squeals and shrieks of delight. Hopefully he doesn't mind being an older brother himself VERY soon!

Mike is really enjoying his new work. He likes being able to get out and meet people as well as build the family business. He is also a great husband and father - supporting us all through our crazy adventures and plans. He is a runner at heart and even though things are always hectic he loves it when he gets to take the time to hit the pavement.

I obviously have plenty to keep myself busy with but just to make things interesting(if not chaotic) I also work as a photographer at Moondoggie Photography - a business that I run with my best friend from high school Marisa Tolman Johnson. I love having the chance to do something creative and getting out meeting new people. Marisa and I also keep a blog about backyard farming - which essentially means growing vegetables and keeping chickens in our suburban backyards.

All in all, it has been a wonderful year and we feel we are on the road that leads to our dreams. We love being together through it all and hope that this season finds you all experiencing the same kind of joy. We ultimately know that true joy comes from the reason we celebrate this season - our Savior Jesus Christ! May God bless you and yours through the Grace of His son!

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

that picture is SO good. you look beautiful megan - that color shirt is pretty on you. anyway - great christmas letter :)

Emily said...

I always love your pictures. One of these days...

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Megan! Your Christmas message was so nice, you all look lovely! Congratulations on baby boy. Your boys are having the best childhood growing up with each other and as best friends- so close in age. Homeschool sounds wonderful too.

Love,
Patria

One Big Happy Family said...

Darling family!!!! I can't believe how fast they are growing!! XOXOXO