Sunday, August 17, 2008

Catching up...

I haven't been posting for a while just because I got out of the habit but I thought I'd do some catch up of what's been going on here.
First off, for the fourth of July we went up to Boise and stayed at Mike's brother's house. We love going there because Mike's parent's street always does a parade with all of the families. And they make real floats and everything!Here's Elijah standing proud with his decorated bike.I love this one of Peter - he seems to be deeply considering our freedoms... Also, if you remember we were there last year and saw for the first time the amazing show put on by Mike's neighbor. He wears all black and gets his clothes soaking wet so that he can hold the fireworks - all in all, it's slightly napoleanesque. But the boys eat it up and think he is the coolest thing ever. I have to admit, it is pretty impressive.
We have been really happy here. It just feels right to be back in Utah. It feels like home.This is quintessential Andrew. He is so expressive. This was excitement over a rainbow. I know, Andrew, I love rainbows too.Last Tuesday we went up to Payson Lakes and it was a wonderful day. I know some of you said you wanted to come along but I didn't want to share the view of me in a swimsuit with any friends so...This is Mike hanging in the backyard. The weather has been really nice lately so we like to sit out there as much as possible. It gets old to look at pics of kids all the time so I thought I'd put this up here.And this is the view from our backyard. Maybe it's not much of a view to most of you but I love seeing even the tops of the mountains.This is from our trip to the Springville Art Museum yesterday. I have to admit that we are absolutely in love with this little town and if we end up moving closer to Salt Lake, it'll be hard to leave.Of course, Elijah was really interested in the machines...and Mike rockin' it with the baby bag. This is just priceless.And one more of our beloved Springville with a view of Timpanogos.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

i love seeing the tops of the mountains too - especially in the winter. so gorgeous. glad you are liking it there.

k.m. said...

You always take such beautiful pics. I love the excitement over the rainbow. You have such cute kiddos!

Patria said...

love the catch up post! that picture of the boys in front of the art is wonderful! i saw your mention of Ironman in the sidebar- I loved it! And I never like action or superhero/comic movies.
glad to hear you're settling right in there.

Erika said...

I'm so glad you are liking UT. We loved going out to Springville when we lived in Provo. We would love to live there. Love your photos. So glad you got your camera back.