Friday, August 8, 2008

seven is a good age


Happy 7th Birthday Elijah.

Elijah was our first born and like most first borns he was absolutely adored and given all of the attention for his first three and a half years. He was the first one to have the cute curly hair and to have all of the ladies in the ward in love with him. He was the first Mr. Cool with all the teenagers. And since he is such a sweet boy when his little brother Andrew came along he didn't mind sharing the limelight at all.

He's really smart, silly, and very kind hearted. He just wouldn't know how to say anything mean to anyone. When he grows up he wants to be an archaeologist or a geologist or a volcanologist.

I love you Elijah. It's a tough job being the oldest, but you are doing a really great job at it. I can't wait for all of the adventures we're going to have together.




Being 7 is great fun.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! I can't believe our kids are growing up so fast! I just ran across some pictures of Elijah and Conner the other day. They would have been about 18 months old, I think. And can you believe the cameras we used to use back then?! All of Conner's baby pictures are taken with an extremely cheap 0.5-megapixel camera. We thought it was so fancy and awesome ;-P

Happy birthday Elijah!

Kathy said...

aw - those are some really cute pictures of him.

Anna Beal said...

Wow he looks so much like his daddy! Happy B-Day! I bet it doesn't feel like seven years ago.

Patria said...

Happy Happy Birthday Elijah! What a handsome boy!