Tuesday, June 24, 2008

So, I live in Utah now...

I can't get my head around it. I live in Utah. It's just weird. And even though I love Utah and wanted to move back to the mountains - moving is not fun. I think no matter what - the first few months after moving to a new place - it's hard. You feel isolated and out of place. You've lost your normal routine let alone your friends. And so you just have to adjust. For weeks I have been planning on my first Sunday here taking an afternoon drive up my favorite canyon - it was the first thing on my what to get do once I get to Utah list. So we did and I had a headache and there were tons of people up there and my kids were complaining. It wasn't quite the dreamy experience I had anticipated.

But on a high note - number 4 on the list was to go over to Megh & Brett's and get Brett to cook dinner for us. So we did and it was SOOOOOOOOOO good. I just couldn't get enough of Brett's cooking. That guy has a gift - in fact he's got many. He makes music, paints, designs and creates really good websites, he's really smart - and he cooks like he's some famous chef. And he makes everything up. It's like he was born with an understanding of spices and food. I'm hoping I get to repeat my number 4 a lot before they move(crossing my fingers that they don't).

9 comments:

sarah said...

The Stubbs are certainly one of the best perks to living in Utah.

Emily said...

can't wait to get together...call me when you are settled!

Katie said...

Welcome back!!!

Tyan said...

I'm glad y'all made it okay! You left your stationery so when you get a chance send me your address and I'll send it up.

Kricket said...

Welcome to Utah! I am excited you are here. Let me know when you are doing #3 on your list so that we might be allowed to join you.
Kricket

m. said...

yeah. i want in on 3 & 5 when you do those. & we're up for another 4 anytime!

BTO said...

Knorpsters...
we will be back in Utah at the first of September. We will visit you. We are excited to see your kids. Hope you adjust well.

k.m. said...

welcome back to the land of zubies. unless you yourself are a zubie in which you take great offense to my wise apple remark. let us just say- I'm happy to have you back in this beautiful state!

m. said...

are you sure you live in utah now?
call me when you're back in town:)...