Friday, July 18, 2008
All hooked up...
I'm here! I have been using the weak internet signals of my neighbor's for the last few weeks until my internet could get hooked up. In other words - I was stealing broadband! Which means I could only really get email. But as of this morning I am hooked up and ready to go! In honor of that I thought I'd post a pic of p. who is now 2 1/2 months and so sweet. he's even sleeping through the night a lot of the time - if only we could now coordinate it with the other boys so we could actually sleep through the night too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Is this with your 50? Gorgeous!!
Look how cute! That's totally awesome that he's sleeping through the night. Back when he was a week old, you said "It takes all of my will power not to bring his cuddly self into bed with me - but Elijah's horrible sleep habits for his first year are my motivation there." I completely understand what you mean. Unfortunately, I could not resist the temptation. I only had 3-1/2 weeks maternity leave with my baby, and there was no way I could put him down alone knowing that. Now he's 11 months old and if I want him to be asleep, I need to be there too :-D So far it's not really an issue - I just work on the computer or read while holding him, and if I REALLY need to get something done while he should be sleeping I put him on my back in a mei tai carrier. But secretly I really envy moms who can just put the baby down and they stay there asleep!
Tyan - no, no 50 yet. But I'm waiting sort of patiently for the day when I can order it...
Katie - I owe all of my sleep habit success to the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child". It is really really good. Before that book Elijah was nearly 10 months old and waking up every hour and a half. I was near complete break down until that book saved me...
I'd heard that book advocates letting the baby cry. Do you agree that it advocates that? Letting the baby cry himself to sleep simply isn't going to happen in my house. When I was in school and really needing to study at night, it was a huge problem. Now that I'm free (out of school), it's not a problem. But I've heard the book does offer some good information on sleep needs and has a few non-crying tips/methods. The other problem is that I'm not willing to tie myself to a sleep schedule - we are on the go too much.
On the other hand, from what you said, Elijah is about twice Conner's size (and both sets of parents are about the same size), so maybe there's something to this "healthy child" thing, hee hee. (Conner night nursed on demand until about age 2.5. He's slept like a rock ever since.)
YaY!! Glad to see you back on the blog. He is SOOOO darling, and I don't envy those nights.
He is so cute - tis true:) It's good to see you posting again! I hope you guys are starting to feel adjusted to your new surroundings...
Daring photo...of course it sounds trite, but I can't believe how fast he is growing!
He's such a beautiful little boy!! Blogs are so great to allow us to keep up with each other's lives like this!!
AHHHHH, can I have a boy too???
Hi Megan. Sounds like you're knee deep in projects already out there. Can't wait to see the quilt progress. Bryn saw a movie with Johnny Whitaker the other day and said he looked like kind of like Elijah, I think she's missing him alot!!
AL
sorry, late night posting, she didn't see the movie WITH him, but Johnny Whitaker was IN the movie she saw, but you probably figured that out...
that is one of the most angelic little boys i've ever seen. great picture!
Post a Comment