Now these images require some explaining - perhaps more than I can give. But I'll try.
First off, I love to dress up. Not in the sense of getting in high heels and a little dress but in the sense of dressing up like a character . So when I went for senior pictures and my photographer had a room full of costumes and let me put on what ever my 17 year old self wanted to - and then photographed me wearing it - that was a formula for trouble...
This is me dressed as some sort of Grecian - with a t-shirt underneath. Did I really think I'd give this one out?
But these are the most puzzling to me...I didn't even remember putting this on. Why did she let me and why did she waste film on it? Did either of us think this was really even worth our time? Obviously.
I love this one - I should get it blown up. This one says "I'm a happy happy sailor boy ready for our next adventure!". Wow.
If you're wondering I did end up with a pretty cute senior portrait but I'm too lazy to find it right now...maybe later I'll have to post it because that's pretty hard to believe after seeing these, isn't it?


18 comments:
I am seriously crying right now. These are absolutely amazing and puzzling at the same time. They are sooo something you would do and I will forever be grateful you did because when I need a lift, I will look at them.
I have some serious tears coming down my face. Michael wanted to know if they were for real or if they were some kind of joke. I don't think I ever saw those because I remember your senior pictures being awesome.
Evidently you've forgotten that you were "Drama Major" in your teen years. Notice the serious demeanor which I can only suppose was meant for your portfolio and your flight to Hollywood stardom! Hysterical and precious. Mom
These are so classic, I love it! Haha, you are so funny!
That was the best laugh I have had in a while. Love that you actually did that.
Can I order the floating head one in an 11 X 13, please?
also, in the straw hat one, is that your YW medallion around your neck? precious.
Okay, those are the best! If I had to pick a favorite, and it's a tough choice, it would be "floating head". Jess
i just dry heaved three times and almost threw up i was laughing so (feminine, i know). that officially puts you in my top ten coolest people ever.
Thanks everyone for laughing.
Brook - doesn't this actually put me in the ten UNcoolest people ever? Thanks anyhow...
steph - that is my YW medallion which I wore religiously until I lost it one night while I was kissing Mike up at BYU. Go figure.
Megan I LOVE these! Seriously, who is brave enough as a teenager to just fully inhabit their whims and fancies and just put on what interests them and strike a pose!? So glad you posted these- its the stuff of great blogs.
NO WAY--cool is doing what makes you happy no matter what, no matter what anyone thinks. the more unconventional, the more cool. definitely top ten.
I totally remember looking at all of these with you! And the one you handed out WAS super cute - you're in a coral dress, right? Though I echo the previously mentioned comments about ALL of them being cool...
I think that's what everyone loves about you - that you have a 1000 ideas running around in your head all the time...and you're not afraid of trying them out, just b/c someone might think they're silly. It makes being your friend amazingly fun and exciting!!
You had to dress up in these outfits, cause there was no way we had nice enough clothes for high-end senior photos. I can't figure out how there was No dances with wolves indian garb. Had you been a little older, you know you would have been Stands with a Fist--no doubt about it.
megan - i am dying laughing - those are hilarious!!!!!!! i totally remember you showing me some of those - the floating head, the farm hat - but not the "soldier" ones - WHUT. seriously - SO hilarious.
lovin' it!
Love those! That is so hilarious.
Post a Comment