Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day Arrival



This morning at about 3:30 Megan woke me up to tell me she was having contractions. It took me a minute to clear the cobwebs and realize the implications of her pains. We laid in bed for a little while and did some timing. Sure enough, she was having one every six to eight minutes. Most of you may know that Megan always has a C-Section and cannot do the whole labor routine due to a fibroid she had in her uterus as a teenager. So it was time to grab the bag and camera and head out the door to the hospital. As luck would have it, my mom came into town yesterday to help out with the boys, so she stayed behind.

To make a somewhat long story short, after monitoring Megan's contractions the doctor decided it was time to have this baby. He was scheduled for a 12 pm delivery today but apparently he wanted to get out a little earlier. Peter was brought into the world at 6:08 am. He was 8 pounds 8 ounces and 20 inches long.

Megan and I are both very happy. The surgery went smoothly for Megan, which was a blessing considering she was dreading it due to some problems with the last two.

I apologize for my awkward blogging, maybe I should do this more than once a year.



17 comments:

m. said...

oh how cute he is! all day i have been feeling like i have something to do & then remember, check the blog again!

congratulations! he's adorable!
i can't stop smiling...
good job mike..you should blog more!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful boy! Jess

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! What great pictures of him- he's adorable. Megan, sometime we'll have to compare notes on surgeries... I want to know what went so well this time, because both of mine have also been difficult.

Enjoy your new addition!

Muggle Mom said...

what an angel!!!! great job mom & dad!

Katie said...

Congratulations!! I guess he knew it was time :-)

Unknown said...

He is so sweet. Congrats.

Kathy said...

another beautiful boy. seriously. congrats! glad everything went well. :)

Spencer and Kari said...

yeah, bubba!

Patria said...

oh my goodness, he looks like a perfect little peach! congratulations! how perfect on may day! what excellent proportions he was 8.8 and 20 inches! this was a long awaited post! thank you! (: luv, patria

Tyan said...

SO CUTE! He looks like Andrew.I can't wait to see y'all!!

Anonymous said...

He totally looks like Andrew...so cute and perfect! I got tears in my eyes looking at these pictures. It will be fun to see how his personality differs or compares. Clearly he will be impatient(coming early) and a little passive aggressive (for making you wait until the last possible minute but then giving you what you want at a most inconvenient time):)

Erika said...

Woo Hoo!!! He is so darn cute. I'm glad you decided on Peter. Congratulations!

k.m. said...

He's a beautiful baby boy. I'm glad that all is well. Congrats you guys!

Anonymous said...

Mike - you did a fabulous job on the blog. Congratulations!! I love Peter's cute, chubby cheeks:) Glad to hear that everything worked out for his arrival...

Much luck on adjusting to your new addtion - I hope it is a smooth transition for everyone.

Kricket said...

Megan & Mike,
Congratulations! I hope you are all enjoying that cute new baby. I love that you named him Peter. I hope your recovery goes well Meg.
Love,
Kricket

Chris and Jamie said...

Love the name Peter. Congrats guys.

Carolyn Benik said...

Congratulations!!! What a little sweetheart! :-)