Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

If you haven't met my mom you are really missing out. She is one crazy lady. A better word might be vivacious. She is funny, artistic, really smart, and talented at just about everything. I love that I get the privilege of having her as my mom and my boys absolutely adore her. So Happy Birthday Mom. There better be at least 40 more of these to celebrate because we want you around for a long long time! Here are some pics...Here we are in Summer of 1982 at Disneyland - that would make my mom 36 - isn't she hot? I hope I look as cute at 36. That outfit is way cool too. Though look at me - at 3 that stroller is looking a little small.

This is probably not long afterwards...everyone's hair is rockin here.

Here we are in 1984. She is soo high fashion. I remember when I was little watching her putting on her make-up and thinking I had the hottest mom.

And here we are in Florida on a family vacation. How cute is that?

We love you, mom!

6 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

Happy Birthday Carlie!
She is a classy lady-always and forever!

Spencer and Kari said...

I love the second photo of Mom - a la Ms. Hannigan from Annie. Seriously, I get a kick out of all of these photos and know that no one has a mother quite like ours (except maybe your kids, Megan).

RightHahn said...

Your mom is the best!! And I think 'vivacious' suits her perfectly.

I can still hear her "Meeegaaan" scream - and her funny laugh after a sarcastic remark:) One of my favorites was when Kojack (sp?? the cat:)) had gotten the best of me - and my itchy eye allergies kicked in. She asked, "are you ok?" And when I replied "ya...it's only one eye"...she said, "well....it's only one cat" :)

Super happy birthday to Sister Arntsen:)

Kathy said...

great pictures! lindsay is right - she did have a funny/great laugh! happy birthday!

Patria said...

yep, your mom is the coolest. i love everything about her. so very talented and fun. i still have a picture she made from my texas visit, its hanging in ruby's room. she came out for my wedding and we have the fabric picture piece she gave us then too. love you aunt carlie! -patria

Kevin Pratt said...

Yeah mom, at least twice a month I am approached by women who tell me how much they love you and admire you. No pressure for me. Thanks a lot. I love you!