Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Half-way handmade journal!!!

Tonight at our church young women's activity we made journals. I happen to love journals and so I am now obsessed with this. Thanks Amber for the idea!First start with one of these:Amber said she got them at Walmart for like $.92 cents or something!

Then choose three papers - one for the binding, one for the front and back cover and one for the inner lining paper. Get two of each - ours were 12"x12" papers and two of each is just right.
Then cut and glue. Start with the front and back lining. There should be some overlap so you can fold and glue the edges down on the inside of the cover. Then cut and fit the binding paper and glue that overlapping your first paper. Last cut a piece to fit in the front and back inner cover as your book lining. I know I could probably explain better than that but doesn't it kind of make sense? So, there you have it - your new notebook, gratitude journal, whatever - for about 2 dollars. And what cute gifts, eh?

8 comments:

m. said...

really cute meg. love the fabric.

m. said...

oooh. its paper! even less intimidating! i'm totally doing this for activity days.

megan said...

Megh - it was totally simple and our younger girls had no trouble with it at all so you should totally do it for activity days!

Emily said...

What kind of glue did use??

megan said...

We actually just used glue sticks(not glue gun glue sticks - just the old fashioned kind). And we applied it pretty heavily but it worked really well.

Unknown said...

I love it. I'm going to try it out. Thanks for the fun idea.

Unknown said...

I love it. I'm going to try it out. Thanks for the fun idea.

Emily said...

These are cute. These were one of the crafts the girls made last year at Girls Camp. They loved them.