Well, the day finally came to welcome Asher into the world. Everything went about as smoothly as we had hoped for with the birth. The surgery went very well for Megan she had no hot spots and felt fine throughout the procedure. Asher did his part by staying put until the scheduled time of the C-Section which is more than Peter can say when it was his turn. Asher came out screaming and ready to eat so we are very happy. Following are a few pictures chronicling his first few hours on the "outside".

Megan wanted to document how she looked right before she finished.

Shortly after coming out, in the "incubator".

If you could see his toes you would see that they are basically finger length.

Right after trying to get him to look at the camera.

The Bath.

The sponge bath, tried to get the nurse to do the same for me but she refused.

Contentment.
17 comments:
So many things...
I love the name - Megan looked amazing before surgery - I'm glad everything went well - and thanks for the update:)
oh my goodness! Asher is such a beautiful baby! The name is perfect- and Meg you looked great! Congratulations on beautiful baby boy number four.
Congratulations!!! I know you are so excited, I can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about the little guy. And Megan I'm loving your haircut - seriously it looks so good! I'm glad you haven't let the Utah hair epidemic strike. Love you guys!
so sweet. & what everyone else said. you do look really great meg. congratulations again.
(& that nurse joke was really funny, mike)
He is so cute!!! Congratulations to the whole family!
Megan--
Hi! Not sure if you remember me or not (from Kingwood--Curtis is one of my brothers). Found your blog through Julianna's (Adrian's wife). She & I met a few years back. Anyhoo.
You look fantastic! Love the name Asher. All of your boys are such cuties! Congrats on the newest member of your family.
~~Mikelene (Oliveira) Fulkerson
Congratulations you guys. He is such a cute little guy. Love the name Asher.
Congratulations! He is amazing and that name is great!
He is so perfect, Meg. Beautiful!
Thanks, everyone! Things are going really well - we feel really blessed. I am going to be in the hospital until Sunday which I don't mind at all - I called home today and the boys in the background sounded like a circus! Good thing I've got my mom and such a great husband to take care of things there!
Congratultions Megan! He is beautiful!
oh my goodness - that last picture of him is SOOO cute and sweet. congratulations megan and mike! i'm glad everything went well :)
He looks so sweet. I was so tempted to come by last night (since I was in Orem), but I was worried you wouldn't be up to it. I wish I would have!
congrats you guys! he's beautiful. wishing you a speedy recovery :)
yay! congrats to you all! he's perfect!
Congrats you two!!! This is just making me anxious for my little guy even more.
Post a Comment