Thursday, January 29, 2009

The times they are a'changin

I don't know about most of you but I kind of felt like we American's had it coming when it comes to the economic downturn. Most of us have little or no savings and plenty of debt - it's just shaky ground. This is a really telling video from a couple years ago - almost prophetic. Check it out.

It's time to hope that American's don't hurry and get back to spending but instead start making and saving. The Knorpp family included.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

yep - and i think it's all about people having this sense of entitlement. especially young couples (now i sound like i'm 80), thinking that they should have everything NOW, that it took their parents YEARS and YEARS to get. anyways.

Anonymous said...

Indeed. We recently hiked up our monthly retirement savings rate by a healthy margin. With mutual funds at bargain basement prices, there was never a better time to invest in the stock market. I'm loving the sale prices. :)

sarah savage said...

wow. it's amazing how all of the other experts were laughing in peter's face and calling him a pessimist but he stuck to his guns. and he was right on point. thanks for posting that; it's interesting to look back and see who was right and who wasn't.

Kevin Pratt said...

This is awesome! I wish I could see all those people that were laughing now. He was dead on. I think I'll take his advice from now on...isn't he a member? J/K