Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our first snowman

Photobucket
This morning it snowed and the boys were so excited to get out into it. After a while Andrew gave up and came inside. I hadn't seen Elijah for a while and started to suspect he had snuck upstairs to watch tv. He hadn't so when I went to look out back to my pleasant surprise I found him steadily working by himself on this:
All year he had been talking about making one but I thought the magic would wear off really quickly. I guess I was wrong!

We found some sticks in the parking lot - we're in a townhouse and we can't start ripping the landscaping apart. And of course a carrot for the nose.
We used grapes for the mouth and rocks for the eyes. All in all I'd say it's pretty cute! Hooray for the season!!!I guess those of you who live in snow don't think it's a big deal but we southerners were in a winter wonderland!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

it snowed here last night too! love the snowman - very cute. i still get excited every year on the first snowfall - i love it.

m. said...

those are really cute pictures of elijah...

Kevin Pratt said...

That's a super cute one, meg...looks like a magazine snowman!

Tyan said...

I am so jealous! It's still in the 70s here, there is no such thing as seasons in Texas I guess.