Well, not heaven, but close. I found this fabric store that was so great I really almost had tears in my eyes while I was there. It was full of the most beautiful fabrics - including many Amy Butler patterns and designs(click on that link - you won't be sorry). I was so so happy. So I bought a kit to start a little quilt. At church they are teaching a little basic quilting class and I had been wearily searching through the fabrics at Walmart and wasn't coming up with much. But I really could spend little 10,000 bucks at this store. So, here comes new pillows, a skirt, a quilt, and who knows what else...

p.s. no, this is not my quilt - I will show pictures of mine during the process. the class is next thursday. i think mine will be even cuter!


7 comments:
Good fabric stores are like good book stores - they are hard to find, but once you do you feel like you should move in! I love the Amy Butler stuff - she's on purlsoho.com too right?
I am salivating just looking. I loooove fabric even though I sew very little. This is yet another reason to come to Utah...as if I needed another.
Oh dear. Kerflop (a favorite blogger of mine) made an awesome quilt for her daughter using Amy Butler fabrics, and ever since I've really wanted to make one (any quilt). I just know if I go in there, I won't be able to constrain myself. First on the list - get my sewing machine fixed. Then I'll check it out and hopefully act responsibly ;-)
Lins - yes, she is at purlsoho.com - that's the first place I saw her stuff and fell in love.
I will have to come and see it. Sounds like a fun place.
Those fabrics are divine. I was glad to see she had scrapbook paper as well. I must buy some. I can't wait to see your quilt.
Man I love Cornwagon. I guess I should of told you about earlier and then we could have gone together. I am always looking for an excuse to go there. I need a new project?
Post a Comment