Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Megan is Thirty!



Well I've hacked into Megan's blog to give her a little shout out since she is now entered the realm that twenty somethings dread as it approaches. In my mind Megan has never been better. 12 years ago when I looked across the circle of my Y-group on the first day at BYU I had no idea that the cute girl from Texas would have some an impact on my life. You all probably already know a lot about Megan but let me tell you a little about her that I love and appreciate.

Megan constantly amazes me with her creativity and passion for life. Megan is not willing to settle for mediocrity and is always pushing herself to do better. Megan is not satisfied to live a boring life. If it weren't for her our family would be a lot less interesting and would probably have a couple less chickens!

Megan likes the quiet things in life. She prefers the solitude of the mountains to the busy life in the city. Megan likes to talk to animals. If a bird lands on our porch you can bet that Megan will shortly be making her standard bird noises and otherwise attempting to communicate. The birds usually seem to listen. She does the same with horses, cows, dogs, cats, deer, squirrels, frogs, and any other animal in her path. They each produce a different kind of voice from Megan and I love them all! It really is cute.

Megan is smart. She knows about a lot of different subjects and if she wants to learn about something, she will go to the library or Amazon and get a number of books on that subject. It's the same story if she wants to learn how to do something. She doesn't just sit back and lament that she wishes she could do it, she goes and learns about it. Her mind is hungry for knowledge. I am often impressed with her hunger for knowledge and wish I had the same drive inside me.

Megan puts her family first, every time. If it is not good for the family she won't do it. If there is a toss up between the family and something else, the family wins because she recognizes the value of that relationship and the weight of raising five boys, I include myself in that number. Our boys couldn't have a better mother to look up to, who is willing to sacrifice many other worthy activities for them.

Let's get a few more out really quickly; Megan is funny, I love Megan's belly laugh, Megan tells great stories, Megan can remember details from her childhood that baffle and amaze me, Megan loves and cares deeply for her brothers, sister, mom and dad, Megan will not stand for being left out of what one might consider "boyish activities, Megan loves to watch rain and be in the rain.

The list could go on. So to end the post, Happy Thirtieth Megan! I love you and I want everyone to know that you are an amazing person and will only get better as you march through your thirties. I hope you have a wonderful day!


Your Devoted Hubby, Michael.


12 comments:

megan said...

Wow - I was just coming to write my thoughts about being thirty on was completely caught off guard. You just won best birthday present ever. Your kindness won't go unnoticed - maybe I'll clean up the living room! I love you, perfect man.

Katie said...

Aww, so sweet!!

RightHahn said...

Mike is right - you will bring a brilliance to 30 that the world has never seen! Thanks for being you:) ... and happy birthday (again).

Chris and Jamie said...

Happy B-Day. We're back and want to come visit. Dane keeps wanting to go to Walmart and see Andrew? He does not get that y'all moved or that you never lived at Walmart. I agree with Mike just being around you makes life a little easier and brighter.

Unknown said...

Ah, those are all the things I love about Megan too. Happy Birthday Megan.

Emily said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! One of these days we will get together...

Weston said...

I couldn't agree more. I love you so much Megan!

Kathy said...

Happy (one day late) Birthday Megan! you really are inspiring in so many ways. hope it was a good day, and that you have a great year!

that was really sweet, mike. well done. :)

Dan and Dee said...

What a nice thing to realize the values in a great lady Michael. I love Megan-for one thing, she helped to make girl's camp bearable!
Birthday love goes out to you Megan!

Carlie said...

Megan: You have become the woman I wish I could be...courageous, positive and dedicated. I am truly blessed to be your mother in this life and I hope we are together forever! Mom

Kevin Pratt said...

Man, you made me cry! What a wonderful tribute. Love you, Meg (and Mike

megan said...

Thanks everyone - this whole thing has really made my b-day great!