This is hilarious! Did you make this up? I love it. You know that you always find out your kid is sick right after you leave friends' and relatives' homes. They start throwing up the next morning....too soon to have gotten it there, and just in time to pass it to them. So sad.
The secret to being miserable is having the leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not.
-George Bernard Shaw
1.)"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
2.)"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."
2 comments:
This is hilarious! Did you make this up? I love it. You know that you always find out your kid is sick right after you leave friends' and relatives' homes. They start throwing up the next morning....too soon to have gotten it there, and just in time to pass it to them. So sad.
I did make it - thanks. But you're right - I have been the one bringing sick kids over plenty of times.
I am feeling like I need a "non-mom" weekend sometime soon...good thing I'm just about to have a baby! That should do it for me.
Post a Comment