This pregnancy has been different than all of the rest - I guess each is unique. A few yers ago I decided "cravings "were bunk and were just regular cravings that I let loose when pregnant to the point of complete chaos. That seemed to slightly curb my habits when I was pregnant with Andrew, but this time around that discovery was too buried in my past or something because I have an UNCONTROLLABLE NEED for tabasco sauce. And at first glance - hey what's the harm in that -but the crappy thing about Tabasco is that it needs to be eaten with totally unhealthy foods. Usually creamy ones to control the heat. So I eat it on bagels with cream cheese, tortillas with melted cheese, pizza, eggs,...actually - just about anything. I can't seem to stop it so my next quest is to find something that meets that craving but could be considered healthy. The ultimate craving is actually for wing sauce. But eating wings would be like a death sentence for sickness. Anyone got any creative ideas on how to get that tasty vinegarry pepper flavor without all the fat and calories?And - what were your unhealthy cravings and how did you control them?


12 comments:
oh no, there was no controlling the craving for the "double-double cheeseburger" from In and Out with fries and a choco shake that I had to have 2-3 times a week! hello! yours sounds pretty good actually- it dispels my myth that women crave foods with something in it that they are nutritionally deficient in- i don't think tobasco sauce has nutrients? maybe it does. i had a friend who needed to lick rocks during her pregnancy- some kind of mineral deficiency i'm sure.
i love seeing what you guys are up to- loved the halloween costumes you did!
luv,
patria
My family eats tabasco on sliced tomatoes with salt and pepper. Yeah, I'm from texas. Also, green onions are another favorite. Hey, we are going to be in Texas for thangsgiving. Any chance y'all will be in Kingwood? jamie
Ugh. i have the worst pregnancies. i am REALLY sick for the first 5 months, and seriously can't eat anything. i mean, i do - but it doesn't stay down. . . . after the sickness is over - it was pretty much sweet stuff. . . and like you said - i think just my normal cravings and they intensified with being pregnant. i don't have any advice - b/c if i craved it, i ate it. i felt like i deserved to eat anything after throwing up 8x a day for the first 5 months :)
We will totally be in Kingwood at Thanksgiving! We'll actually be staying at Spencer and Kari's place so I am sure we all get together some time. I can't wait!
And Kathy - you ARE right - you eat what ever you want after throwing up that much. More power to you for already having three kids even though your pregnancies are such torture!
i didn't control them... i totally gorged myself and then was too sick of that food to ever eat it again. like mashed potatoes from KFC, for instance.
I bet those would be good with tabasco!
megan - yeah - it's a good thing they came out cute. . .
also - too bad i still chow down on whatever i want even when i'm not pregnant. HEH.
I have been all over hot foods as well. I've found that "Spicy Hot" V8 is excellent for satisfying that craving. Aren't you feeling better yet? --am
I'm not feeling better! In fact, this last week has been one of the worst! Bummer, eh? I can't wait to see if the spicy V-8 satisfies me...
i totally craved vinegary things when i was prego with gray. hang in there!
Pregnancy cravings are long gone for me but they did exist! And do exist! Good luck girls--and for the guys who have to buy them!
Now I just have cravings for what we can't get in Russia, like, EVERYTHING, ha ha
I come back to the states and have to eat all of my favorites! Papasitos, anything Mexican, BYU rice krispie treats, well the list goes on and on...
Russia has good pastries and good chocolates so I can still fill some of the cravings. Jan Noble is partly to blame. Since she got here she has found MANY yummy pastries! OH, and Chocolates I wouldn't have even thought of trying...ya that's the ticket, it is all her fault!
Post a Comment