Friday, November 9, 2007

New Feature!!!


Well, it's exciting to me - being a film major and all I just love to talk movies. I also like to rate what I've been watching but writing a whole review sounds daunting so I've decided to just keep tabs on the right of this blog in the extras column. Feel free to let me know if you disagree with any of my ratings - I'd love to know!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Raising Arizona???? 4 stars? I hope that means it is the worst.

megan said...

What!!!!? You're crazy - 4 stars is the best - that movie is perfection!

m. said...

i ll comment on walk the line. i actually really don't like that movie. i just thought they could have moved on a bit sooner to get to the part where he was a good guy. acting was good though. i like that johnny cash wanted joaquin to play him. i really liked ratatoille & i am definetely not big on animated movies. you should do reviews by category. like, best & worst of each.(i am not going to bother to check spelling on some of those names, sorry :))

Anonymous said...

Here are some of my suggestions.

Waking the Dead (LOVE IT!)
Harold and Maude
Winter Passing
The Adventures of Sebastian Cole
Love and Sex (I love this movie)
Trust The Man (Was I the only person who thought this movie was hilar!)
Me Without You

Anonymous said...

Oh wait....and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind....greatest movie ever...possibly.

Tyan said...

My suggestions:

Goonies - 4 stars
Dirty Dancing - 3.75 stars (can't believe my mom let us watch this as kids)
Spiderman 3 - 1 star
Bourne Supremacy - 400 stars

megan said...

Now, remember that these are just movies I've seen recently - I can't even begin to start rating all the movies I love - so if I watch it then I can rate it...

Muggle Mom said...

raising arizona is so funny!!! it's been on tv alot, and matt has watched it everytime. but 1/2 of the movies listed, i've never heard of.

Kathy said...

sorry megan - i'm with marisa on "raising arizona".

Patria said...

wait! spiderman 3 gets the same rating as dan in real life? how can that be? i would maybe buy dan in real life, but i couldn't stand to sit through spiderman 3- i guess each was evaluated for its particular genre?- so that's understandable. fun feature.

megan said...

Yes Patria, you are right - making a decision on what to rate Spiderman was tough - but it all depends on how well I felt they did in their respective genre. A lot of people didn't like the third spiderman saying it was "too much" for them but to me it was following the feel of a comic book style of storytelling. A lot of VERY graphic imagery(& not graphic meaning "porno-graphic") And when you compare it to X-men or Fabulous Four it's pretty dang good. The other thing is I come up with these ratings pretty off the cuff so I'm not so sure they would hold up to too much scrutiny. Except for Raising Arizona - I stand firm on that rating. If anyone wants to talk about it - give me a call. That movie is a masterpiece.

brooklyn said...

i haven't seen most of those, but i must concur with you on Raising Arizona.

(and i couldn't stand spider man 1--terrible acting and so slow! so i won't watch the others)