Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New big plan...

We're moving! Mike accepted an offer today from Vaughn Construction to work in College Station - like soon. It's actually not too far from here - about an hour and a half but still we get to get out of our house and try somewhere new! We are super happy with the chance and are anxious to see how the next couple months play out. Also, since Mike won't tell you - they loved him and gave him a great offer really quickly. He will be an entry level project engineer and I think somewhere on the site you can read about what he'll be doing. So we're off to new exciting adventures!

7 comments:

Spencer and Kari said...

Super awesome! I may know some cool people there for you to hang out with.

b. said...

i checked out their site, and they have some awesome looking projects. I think mike will like the commercial stuff a lot better. Not the same old houses over and over again. I'm excited for you guys, congrats!

Muggle Mom said...

you will LOVE college station! it is a really fun town. you're gonna have to get in touch with your inner Aggie though. :)

Anonymous said...

You guys will have fun - plus you get to teach your kids to use the phrase 'gig-em' in their everyday speech....or, if they want to make everyone around them mad - you could go for 'hook-em' - and have them where orange and white every day:)

Congratulations on the new job and fun adventure ahead...;)

Anonymous said...

Megan-

I love your blog. Just found it-read it-love it. Congrats on the next adventure. Your birthday bash was awesome. I was stoked to see the bit about Robert Sabuda too- when we lived in NYC we met him and his partner because a friend of mine worked full time for him- helping with his pop up designs! She is now designing her own pop ups, while living in the Netherlands! She would show me things and I realized how technical it all really is- it's like engineering! You are a creative genius. Wait, I loved the little post about suburbia...I'm so with you on that!
When are you guys going to come to Hawaii? Love and Aloha- Patria

Tyan said...

I think I am the most excited about this, it's going to be so much fun. And Kellye and Paige can be your new babysitters when they get here in the fall, awesome.

Anonymous said...

Mike, this sounds like an awesome job! Commercial is definitely where it's at in construction and plenty of room to grow your career as well. CONGRATS!

John & Keri