There was an old woman who lived in a shoe She had so many children she didn't know what to do.
She gave them some broth without any bread, Then whipped them all soundly and put them to bed.
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
Isn't it funny that so many of our nursery rhymes have a violent component to them? Or maybe it was just people at the time being 'frank' instead of 'pc'?
I don't think I'd ever even heard the second part of the old women in a shoe rhyme before...it was sensored for me I guess. But one of Mathias's new favorite songs is the 'Lady Bug' song. Have you heard that one? It starts: Lady bug, lady bug fly away home, your house is on fire, your children will burn...
It always makes me pause for a second when I hear him sing that part...I'm not sure why...
The secret to being miserable is having the leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not.
-George Bernard Shaw
1.)"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
2.)"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."
1 comment:
Isn't it funny that so many of our nursery rhymes have a violent component to them? Or maybe it was just people at the time being 'frank' instead of 'pc'?
I don't think I'd ever even heard the second part of the old women in a shoe rhyme before...it was sensored for me I guess. But one of Mathias's new favorite songs is the 'Lady Bug' song. Have you heard that one? It starts: Lady bug, lady bug fly away home, your house is on fire, your children will burn...
It always makes me pause for a second when I hear him sing that part...I'm not sure why...
Post a Comment