Wednesday, April 11, 2007

He's not so little anymore...



Some days are crazy and nothing sounds better than escaping your children and sitting alone on some warm deserted beach. But today wasn't one of those for me. Today I just couldn't get enough of my boys. I wanted to breathe in each moment with them. Elijah started piano not too long ago and he seems to have some natural ability. Watching him tonight he impressed me so much. It's strange to see your small children grow right in front of you. It's like all of a sudden you see them with new eyes. They aren't the toddlers they had been - they aren't so helpless anymore. They learn things that you didn't know they could. Today Elijah switched the laundry through and changed Andrew's diaper - all on his own accord. I am truly impressed but I also hear a strange voice in the back of my mind reminding me that Elijah won't always be mine. Someday he will belong to himself and then hopefully to some nice girl. My sister-in-law AnnaLisa said she's already half way through her time with her oldest at home. It is sad, but also exciting that we get the privilege to be such an intimate part of someone else's life.

6 comments:

b. said...

quit making me sad...

but it is awesome. I'm glad he's learning how to play the piano.

Muggle Mom said...

we quit piano. i hated fight w/K about practicing. :( hope y'all have better luck!

Anonymous said...

Tyler is 10 this July. 1 year, middleschool. 2 years, priesthood. 6 years, dating, driving, girls. 8 years, college.
9 years, mission.
I'm over half way I guess. I swear I just felt him move inside me for the first time, yet he almost wears the same size shoe as me.

Carlie said...

Where did the piano come from? I am thrilled he is enjoying it. I want to kiss the boys' faces at this very moment!

megan said...

Susie Callens gave it to us! We love that old thing...

Alyson M. said...

He is so handsome and big! I hope to see you guys soon.