Sunday, April 29, 2007

Fifth Disease for the first time...

Well we've had a long week and here is where it ended. Elijah obviously isn't feeling well - I felt pretty bad just asking him to come out back so I could get photos of him. If you haven't heard of it - fifth disease isn't as bad as it looks. And it looks pretty bad. We took Elijah to an urgent care yesterday because he was starting to really worry us. It's just a mild viral illness that can cause this rash - and by the time the rash shows up it is no longer contagious. And much like chicken pox once you get it - you don't get it again. Elijah also happens to have an ear infection and a cold so he's pretty out of it. Sometimes - but when when it's time to play he miraculously heals for a short time. That's how kids do it. But it 's pretty gnarly looking so I figured I'd document it.

On another note - if you hadn't heard we did lose the baby this week. I was 19 weeks along and found out at the ultrasound on Tuesday morning that the baby had died sometime in the previous few days. It has been really hard but we have felt such an outpouring of love from our ward and our family. We're working through it...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for Elijah because he is always so cheerful and happy. To see him down for awhil is hard to take! Mama Carlie

m. said...

my mom said the doctors said i had it several times. poor elijah, he really does look sick :(