Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Gaming my groceries


So I'm playing the grocery game - this was my first week. I was afraid that all I would be able to get on it would be loads of taquitos and frozen pizza rolls. But I have been pleasantly surprised by my stuff this week. The list told me the produce that was on sale, the meat that was cheap, and all the canned items I could handle. The list couples the sale with the coupons found in the Sunday paper. And not just the ones from the previous week - you hold them and the list tells you the best time to use them to get rock bottom prices. So, no gambling necessary - just trust the list. I thought it might be stressful to do it and to go from store to store but actually it was much less stressful. I didn't have to wonder what to get or what was a good deal. Just stick to the list! In the end my grand total for food that will last a looong time -

the regular price for all the dummies: $272

and after the sales & coupons: $150

TOTAL SAVINGS: $120

And that was just my first week - if I had had the stockpile of coupons it asked for I could have saved sooo much more! And that's not for crazy foods you'll never use - it was for roasts, chicken, frozen veggies, produce, and all that. I am excited! Go check it out and if it asks for a referring email address give them mine! mmknorpp@earthlink.net (For every three people who sign up and last past the trial I get 12 free weeks!)

4 comments:

megan said...

I forgot to mention that we got an extra freezer for all our new stuff to fit into! It is old but it freezes! We found it on craigslist.org for only 15 bucks! Can beat that, eh?

Muggle Mom said...

Great job megan!!! here are my trips from this week:

Here's my Kroger trip:
Total: $235.16
Actual Paid: $ 74.41
68% savings

Randalls:

Total: $131.94
Actual Paid: $ 30.58
77% savings

m. said...

i signed up! just the fact that its called the grocery "game" makes it that much better already. i love reading those numbers...

Alyson M. said...

woah, I've got to try this!