
Ok, so it's a nerdy thing to do but I'm doing it. We don't get/have television but watch movies instead. Last week when reading google news I read a review for a show produced by Conan O'Brien and wanted to know more about it. When I looked it up I found that you could watch the episodes online. The show is called Andy Parker, P.I. and it has a total of 5 or 6 episodes so far. The reviewer said it started quietly but that eventually it gets to you and you love it. Mike and I sat down and watched the episodes and felt the same way - we are total fans now. Andy is an accountant starting up his own practice not knowing that his office used to be rented by a private investigator. When people show up thinking that this is still the private investigator's office...trouble ensues - simple setup but it is actually pretty fun. Especially with Andy's new neighbors in the mini-mall trying to help him on his investigations - there is Simon, the owner of Video Riot downstairs and Wally, the overly patriotic Afghan who owns a falafel restaurant downstairs. When the old(and aging) P.I. shows up to help it gets even better. It airs on Thursdays, I believe, so if you have TV check it out. If not or if you want to catch yourself up - you can go and watch the shows @
http://www.nbc.com/Andy_Barker_PI/
I also like how clean the show is. It's not sexy - Andy is happily married with children. And it isn't trying so hard to be revealing, stylish, or cutting edge. Which actually makes it feel quite refreshing. You can really see Conan's hand in it. Check it out!


4 comments:
I m so glad the wife looks like she might be funny. I hate it when shows put hotty unfunny wives with dorky husbands. I knew Andy had a new show but didn't know anything about it. Sounds like a really funny concept though. & yea Buster!
I will have to check it out. Greg and I love The Office. I am not sure if they have whole episodes online, but we love it.
A while back our friends loaned us the old office from the BBC and we loved it. We have heard from those same friends and others that the american version is just as good. We have seen the pilot and it was good but haven't seen any since. Maybe someday we'll rent it...
About the wife - if you look at the publicity stills from before the show aired the wife was some hottie and I was so glad that someone realized how awful that would be. I hate when it's some total normal slightly overweight guy married to a supermodel wife! Even though this wife is still cute her normalness(maybe weirdness) gives the show so much credibility - and she also adds comedic value...
AND ANOTHER THING...
This show is NOT in the same comic vein as "the office". it is not as biting or as sidesplitting - it is just nice good fun. chuckle-worthy. And I believe there is a place for chuckles.
Post a Comment