Monday, October 12, 2009

Blabber Mouth or my early new years resolution

Photobucket
For a few weeks now I have been planning on making next year to be the year that ends all unkind statements from my mouth. But then it hit me today, after making some not so nice comments about someone I don't even know, why not today? So today is first day of the new nice-mouthed me. Well, it's more than that, here's the checklist I want to follow for the things I say:

1) Is it true? (I think I'm pretty good about this one.)
2) Is it nice? (Hmm, getting sticky)
3)Is it necessary? (Ok, got me.)

Also, you know when you meet someone and they are talking themselves up about how great they are - obviously needy or something - and the last thing you want to do is say, "Wow, that's great that you are so great!" Well, from now on, I'm GOING to say that. Why not? They obviously need it! And every time I talk to someone I want to say something nice. So my catch phrase might be something like:

If you can't say anything nice...think of something nice to say!

Wish me luck! I'll report back on how it's going in one day, one week, and one month. Sound good?

5 comments:

m. said...

dang it! i knew i should have gotten that piece of gossip out of you last night! darn you mike! ;)

megan said...

Haha! Ya, right! We were too busy eating amazing food to even think about gossiping...

Chris and Jamie said...

Man, I so have a problem with that one. Good Luck, I know I am no where near making that commitment.

Kricket said...

That is awesome Meg. Good Luck!

Carolyn Benik said...

wow,I think pretty much all of us could take a lesson from this...