Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hi my name is Megan and I'm a thrift store-a-holic...

So, it's official...I am obsessed. I was at D.I. yesterday and saw some more chairs. I just have this thing with chairs. But knowing my husband wouldn't like me to have this thing with chairs I knew I couldn't buy them. But I wanted them...they were great. So, I thought, "Hey, I'll just buy them and sell them for a profit which will make my husband happy because it adds to our bank account instead of subtracts." So, I bought them. And today I took pictures and listed them. But now, I want them. And I remembered I have trade money on this great bartering site I use and perhaps they'd have upholstery services. I won't know until morning if they do but in the mean time...let's dream and decide what to redo them into.

Here they are - two Hollywood Regency Style Club Chairs:
They are great. So here are some options:

Sea-foam:
See that kelly green in there?

Cool pea greenish yellow with brown upholstery:


White on white - always love that look:


See the green in the bottom left corner - that wood color is winning right now - with a light butter yellow upholstery maybe?:


Love all of these examples - such a hip updating of a timeless style. I especially like the light and dark pink - I don't want to do pink but I like the idea of doing it all one color in lighter and darker values:

See that chair in the back on the right- cream with grey upholstery - safe and hip and classic:


I don't know what will become of the chairs but I love dreaming about it. What are your favorite color choices? Any ideas not seen here?

6 comments:

Patria said...

i love the chairs. designers and artists have to nab great finds when they come across them- so i think you're totally on track with normal behavior. you have plenty of good options for re-working the chairs. i'm sitting a kitchen table with chairs right now- i love the shape of the set, but it's totally worn and needs reupholstered seats and refinished wood. i get overwhelmed with such projects. you would probably take one look and know exactly what to do. love it.

johanna said...

White on white is my favorite, my home is all about the white.

Anna Beal said...

You are so funny. Maybe you can convince Mike that you need the garage to be your "chair storage" :)

Unknown said...

Cream with gray upholstery, it is versatile and it works with your house right now.

megan said...

Well, they do have upholstery services! And now, I am going to look at fabric. I love all the choices - in fact, Chelsea suggested I do them differently and use them in different rooms. But we'll see...

Dan and Dee said...

These chairs seemed so gaggy to me until I saw the other photos of what you can do with them. You have an eye like your mom. She is so amazingly talented. I sort of hope you keep them so we can see the transformation!