Friday, September 4, 2009

In our lovely Deseret...Industries, that is...

So lately when nothing is working at home I often find myself piling the kids in the car for a trip to D.I. . Nothing gets my juices flowing more than wandering through a thrift store - especially the American Fork Deseret Industries! It's really not picked over at all. I often go looking for chairs - I love chairs and I use them in my photography - and you've seen a couple I've gotten in the past. Today was a totally successful day there too. Here's the lowdown:

I got some books to use as decorater items - I didn't even care what their titles where or what they were about - I look for color only. Completely judging a book by it's cover:
And I also got a great bench/chest to go in the laundry room as a place to hold all of those snow clothes this winter - and somewhere to sit when you are yanking them off. I'll paint this eventually but not for a while...

AND for years I've been wanting one of these and even though I won't install it here since we are renting...I couldn't resist it or it's $10 price tag. Pic coming - I haven't picked it up yet...

But my most favorite find of the day was this genuine crystal chandelier. I have been wanting one for soooo long and today when I saw it I was so excited. I am going to paint it - not sure what color just - though white is likely. It looks smaller that it is in this photo - it's perfect sized:

Hooray for D.I.!!!

3 comments:

Patria said...

i'm totally jealos. I've never shopeed at DI in Utah, but I love good thrift stores. We really don't have a decent thrift store in hawaii. great finds!

sarah savage said...

ooh i love those books! the colors are beautiful together!

Kathy said...

nice finds! i'm very jealous of the bench/chest. i have been wanting one forever and can never find a nice/good one. we don't have a good thrift store here either. :(