Sunday, July 22, 2007

And they're off...

We really have so many to thank for everything - from painting, cleaning, sanding, child watching, funding, and encouragement - it would have not even been close to possible without all of you!



the front view and the pretty new landscaping, cedar shutters by mike & kevin, and new paint by mike


the view from the front porch - the school is right on the other side of those trees - and 3 minute walk to the classroom door - literally.



the front room -
the dining room - chairs being lent by kari - thankyou...and actually all of the furniture you will see(just about) was given to us - mostly by megan's parents.

the big living room

another view - i love painted wood.

the kitchen
kitchen again - why did they put a black dishwasher in? oh well - it is a really nice maytag with lots of room.
the toy room - those dots are removeable and restickable - fun stuff.

the boys room

the study - dark color but i like it.

master bedroom with terrible white balance.

and the ever loved new master bath - it is soo nice - i will miss it.

So we are hoping to have our house listed tomorrow - though of course it's not really done all the way - will it ever be? Here are the photos for the internet - we still have to take one of the backyard but it needs to be mowed first so that will wait until tomorrow...unless it's raining again.

p.s. here are some before images:

This isn't too long ago - I know somewhere I've got one before the yard was done and will the old shutters - but this is just to show you the color is was before mike painted it!
this is the master bathroom a while back - notice the black tub - the tomb of a shower and the horrible tile covering the floors and the walls. we also raised the ceiling in there which made it feel tens times bigger...i'm soo glad this isn't what it looks like anymore. good picture of mike though.
Here's the first of several bad panaramas - this of the living room before the new flooring, the new painted wall, and the new fireplace...
Here is the kitchen - you probably can't tell too much but the cabinets are now white - not almond, the pulls/knobs are new and the wallpaper is gone - as well as the light fixtures - every light fixture inside the house has been replaced - oh except the toilet room's lights.
and the front rooms - the door was replaced and the flooring too - and the lights and then the walls were painted...

7 comments:

Muggle Mom said...

the house looks fabulous!!!! i'm sure it will sell fast!

isn't it a bummer though that we usually don't get our house so nice until we're wanted to move?

Patria said...

ok, I thought i was looking at pics of a model home you guys wanted to live in or something- beautiful home! I know you've mentioned that you long to live out of suburbia- it doesn't look like suburbia at all there! I think I'm used to seeing VERY bad suburbia in California or something. Anyways, are you sure you want to move? If I sent you pictures of our beach shack in Hawaii- you would be Horrified (: I just have no sense of design and we live in a literal shack (:
Much love,
Patria

Patria said...

oh i forgot- where did you get the removeable dots in the toy room? we love those.

you really are good with design and making a space look awesome.

luv,
patria

Kathy said...

swears - i love that house! SO nice, megan - really.

Tyan said...

Loves it. And I thought Jared was handy! He has a few things he can learn from Mike!! Can't wait till y'all are here!

Alyson M. said...

Your house looks absolutely glorious! Can you stand to leave it? Wanna come help me in Florida?? Ha! Not after doing it all for yourself, I bet. I miss you Meg. We'll come see you when we're in town sometime. Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Great work guys! Have you found a place in College Station already?