Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Miss Knorpp is Missing

Do you remember the book, "Miss Nelson is Missing" from elementary school all about the really nice teacher who disapears and Viola Swamp takes her place to get the kids in line? Well, slowly and steadily, whatever bit of Miss Nelson I have in me is disappearing and being replaced by my inner Viola Swamp. Loss of sleep + constant spit-up on my shoulder + naps and diapers galore = mean mommy. Oh well, kids - Miss Nelson will be back in 6 - 8 weeks. Once the baby is sleeping for much longer stretches at night...I hope. Boy oh boy, we need a toy room/dungeon to send the kids to! Just two more weeks!

6 comments:

Anna Beal said...

Amen to that!!

Caryn said...

What a perfect description for the two moms I am. How sad! I wonder if Sister Hinckley or Sister Beck ever had Viola days. This evening was definitely a Viola one. I hate it when I feel that way, but how do you take the time to calm down and find your cheerful center when everyone needs you and no one is saying thank you and the baby keeps climbing to the top of the table?!

NatDCurfiss said...

i loved that book~still do :)
i think all moms feel that way sometimes so dont be hard on yourself you're doing the best you can :)

Kathy said...

i used to be scared of the picture of viola - heh. i know - i'm 3.

also - i see you gave stardust a 3.25. . . i LOVE that movie! one of my faves, for sure. out of curiosity, why didn't you give it a higher rating???

megan said...

Kathy - I really liked Stardust too - but I save my 3.5 stars and above for movies that I think are like near perfection. Though my rating system is pretty flawed - it's hard to tell what each one means. But it is a great one - if you haven't seen it go rent it. If there was anything that came close to a flaw in it - I thought Robert DeNiro's performance was a little strange - I thought he was funny but not perfectly cast.

RightHahn said...

those are the days that i wish i really could put on a viola costume! it just seems like it would save everyone a bunch of trouble - i mean, if randy came home from work and i had the viola costume on...he wouldn't have to wonder what kind of day i had, right? and maybe the kids would be scared enough of me that they would refrain from telling me for the bazillionth time that they're bored.... ha ha ha

i really do hope that you get some good sleep though - and soon! it definitely makes a huge difference!