Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What is my dream?

*****THIS IS MY DREAM - YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TAINT THIS DREAM BY ADDING A REALISTIC POINT OF VIEW TO IT OR BY TELLING ME HOW YOUR DREAM WAS NEVER REALIZED. NO FINGER WAGGING OR NAY-SAYING PERMITTED. THIS IS FOR HAPPY, WARM, FUZZY, & DREAMY FEELINGS ONLY - IF YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE OF THAT AT THIS TIME - COME BACK LATER!******

I am a dreamer. I LOVE talking about my dreams. Not my nighttime dreams but my hopes and goals dreams. When I talk about them I get all warm and fuzzy inside. I feel nostalgic for something that has yet to happen. So today I thought I'd share a little glimpse into my dream. My BIG dream. The life dream. The dream I make Michael talk about every couple of months as we are falling asleep. The dream that drives me - that I hold as a standard for my decisions and the dream that if I never accomplish, I will ask for in heaven.







It starts with some boots. I want to be working in the morning wearing boots like these - with a skirt. I want them to be muddy from walking into my garden to get some fresh greens or herbs. And from feeding the goats and the chickens and perhaps milking a cow.
















After that I want to walk to a house that is something along these lines...and inside I'm not checking my messages or talking on the phone. I am baking some muffins to eat or knitting a hat of some sort.


















Which reminds me that this farm needs to look like this in the winter...

















And also it needs to have one of these...so on those hot SUMMER days (note that it is only hot in summer) on those days me and the kids will be found here - with a packed lunch - wet and cold and happy as clams.


















And in the afternoon I will head out to my other barn which I use as a studio - as well as everyone else in the family. It can accommodate the old Triumph motorcycle Mike is fixing up or the machine the kids are building or the box they are turning into a puppet theatre. And there I can do whatever I want. I can have music on while I paint, draw, cut, paste, sew, write, dance - anything.














And sometimes in the fall I will host a party at my farm with lights lining the open field that doubles as a baseball diamond, a live bluegrass band, dancing, and fresh donuts and apple cider. I would also like to have my own maple syrup trees. And we will have a grand old time. And everyone will say, "I just love going out to the Knorpp farm, don't you?" And they will ask to host weddings there and church and school parties, and we will say yes!







And you are all invited. And it will be a place you will want to come to. And we will have a little guest house for you to come and stay in when you do come. I hope your dream makes you just as happy as mine does. It is truly one of the major forces working on our family - pushing us to try harder - to get better - so that we can have this dream.

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Now I have warm fuzzies! :)

Yes please.

megan said...

Oh thank you sarah! your positivity will be remembered and you will get to stay a loong loong time in the guesthouse!

Stephanie said...

that dream sounds WONDERFUL.

Emily said...

While I could never imagine myself living on a farm, my eyes got teary picturing you and your family there. I hope that you reach it someday, and hopefully we will be able to visit.

Unknown said...

perfection!

Anonymous said...

Honestly - I couldn't picture you living any differently. And actually - you know how you form an image of someone in your mind before meeting them (or after a long absence)? ... this makes it hard for me NOT to imagine you living on a farm with a great house, barn and cozy life. It seems like who you are - like having beautifully colored, wavy hair is who you are:)

I always liked listening to your dreams - the daytime and night-time ones...and I hope that they are realized both here and in the life to come. Maybe we could be neighbors (with the coolest tunnel(s) ever between our homes)?

Kathy said...

love it. don't stop dreaming. and don't stop sharing those dreams.

AmyJo said...

Megan,
I don't know if you remember me from the Nativity last year, but I ran across your family blog and just could not resist commenting on your post about your dream. I have such a similar dream we are trying to accomplish, that it was fun for me to read over your dream a few times and feel all fuzzy inside :) I hope you get all that you dream of!

Amy Jo Bland

Vanalee said...

I love reading your blog. I love your dream!!!

brooklyn said...

so beautiful and serine--love it!

i love dreams, too. one of my longest standing dreams is that i would be dressed up in all my teacher clothes and walk past some cute skater kids and say, "Can I borrow your board?". Then I would pull some of the coolest tricks possible. Too bad I'm 31 and can barely olly. Some day I'll grow up and have a respectalbe dream like yours.

megan said...

You MUST still accomplish that! I want to live through you on that dream! An olly is still sweet!

megan said...

I'm sorry...who the heck is family of five? emily? reveal your identity please!

m. said...

me & brett used to dream about having a pumpkin farm when we were dating. are you guys still doing TMM? doesn't it make you feel like you can actually do everything you really want? great dream..

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can have a pumpkin patch at your farm in the fall, oh....and hay rides.